Charleston, South Carolina, has become a craft beer destination in recent years, with dozens of breweries and taprooms popping up around the city. The Holy City has a rich history, beautiful architecture, and a buzzing food scene, but craft beer has quickly become one of the major draws for visitors from all over the country. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the top-rated breweries in Charleston and why the city has become such a popular destination for beer lovers.
- Edmund’s Oast Brewing Company – Edmund’s Oast Brewing Company is known for its creative and innovative approach to brewing beer. The brewery has a large taproom and restaurant space, offering visitors a chance to enjoy delicious food and beer in a beautiful setting. Edmund’s Oast Brewing Company has won numerous awards for their beer, including the prestigious World Beer Cup in 2018.
- Holy City Brewing Holy – City Brewing is one of the oldest breweries in Charleston, having opened its doors in 2011. The brewery is known for its award-winning beer, including the Pluff Mud Porter and the Washout Wheat. Holy City Brewing has a spacious taproom that often hosts live music and food trucks, making it a great spot to hang out with friends and enjoy some excellent beer.
- Revelry Brewing – Revelry Brewing is a popular brewery located in the trendy Upper King neighborhood of Charleston. The brewery has a large taproom and outdoor space, making it a great spot to enjoy a beer on a sunny day. Revelry Brewing is known for its creative and unique beer offerings, including the Gullah Cream Ale and the Poke the Bear IPA.
- Westbrook Brewing Company – Westbrook Brewing Company is located just a short drive from downtown Charleston and is known for its award-winning sour beers. The brewery has a large taproom and outdoor space, and visitors can even take a tour of the brewery to see how the beer is made. Westbrook Brewing Company has won numerous awards for their beer, including gold medals at the World Beer Cup and the Great American Beer Festival.
- Tradesman Brewing Company – Tradesman Brewing Company is a small brewery located in the heart of downtown Charleston. The brewery has a cozy taproom and outdoor space, and visitors can enjoy a wide selection of beer styles, including IPAs, stouts, and lagers. Tradesman Brewing Company is known for its friendly staff and laid-back atmosphere, making it a great spot to relax and enjoy some great beer.
- Rusty Bull Brewing Co. – Rusty Bull Brewing Co. is a family-owned brewery located in North Charleston. The brewery has a cozy taproom with a rustic atmosphere and an outdoor space. They offer a variety of beer styles including IPAs, stouts, and sours. Their flagship beer, the Bull’s Eye IPA, is a crowd favorite, and they also have a rotating selection of seasonal and limited edition beers.
Charleston’s craft beer scene has grown rapidly in recent years, with dozens of breweries and taprooms popping up around the city. The city’s rich history, beautiful architecture, and buzzing food scene have long been draws for visitors, but craft beer has quickly become one of the major reasons people travel to Charleston. Whether you’re a beer enthusiast or just looking to try something new, be sure to check out some of these top-rated breweries on your next trip to Charleston.